Lower back pain is the most common but rather painful disease the almost anyone can experience in their lifetime. Though this ailment is known to have affected many lives, a good number of lower back pain cases are known treated without going through the process of surgery. However, though pain has a great possibility to subside, some recuperated patient’s experiences recurring lower back pains in less than a year.
Whether an individual is experiencing mild or intense low back pain, the home remedy is one essential part of surviving the painful and nerve-racking disease.
Lower Back Pains Home Treatments
Most physical therapists and doctors highly recommend that a lower back pain patient should undergo the effective process of home treatments. The following are one of the common and highly recommended home treatments for lower back pain patients:
- Patients should take routine activities and daily task easily. Bed rest and prolonged sitting do not relieve back pain as it lessens an individual’s activity level and reduces the ability to function well. Gradual mobility and an active lifestyle should be enhanced and undertaken to minimize pain.
- Some therapist recommends an averagely dense mattress for a much relax and appropriate sleeping posture than those highly ductile and solid mattresses. Click to see this back pain mattress guide
- Gel memory foam mattress is the ideal way to relief your back pain. Check This: sleep innovations gel memory foam mattress – one of the best mattresses for lower back pain.
- Pain relievers such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen or some non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs can be taken to ease lower back pains.
- A cold and hot compress can aid in reducing pain.
- Proper posture and lifting should be considered. For a more comprehensive and accurate posture and lifting guidelines, seek professional advice from your local physical therapist.
- Smoking inhibits healing processes. Thus, it is better to avoid or quit smoking as soon as possible.
- Track those activities or tasks that have had caused back pains. Activities like prolonged sitting, wearing high-heeled footwears and doing strenuous works that oftentimes involves lifting should be moderated.
- Exercises enhance stability and strength. It is also known to lessen lower back pain. Seek professional advise knowing the specially designed exercises that are appropriate for your condition
- Avoid sudden and intense twisting or bending when lying down.
- Live a stress free and contented lifestyle.
- Sustain or achieve your ideal weight. Overweight and obese individuals are likely to experience lower back pains.
- Lie down on one side of the bed with a pillow between your knees.
- Lay your back against the floor with a pillow below your knees.
- Avoid staying in one position longer. Do a series of walks on parks or any locations occasionally.
- lower back pains reduce sexual activity. Discuss this condition with your mate or ask a doctor for proper medications and guidelines.
Various machines that aid in lowering back pains also exist in the market. Backlife is one back treatment machine that is well endorsed by famous orthopedics and back specialists. This machine involves effective physiotherapies that are known to relieve lower back pain in the comforts of your home. Backlife executes smooth and constant circular movements on patient’s back, moving the vertebrae of both the lower back and pelvic area.
In the event that the pain worsened two to three days after undergoing the process of home treatments, the patient should see a specialized doctor to know the succeeding treatment alternatives. In case lower back pain treatments did not improve in a series of medications and therapies, and patient have difficulty moving and have had abnormal bladder and bowel functions, pertinent surgery might be necessary.